Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Radio Interview I did a few weeks back

OIM · 4 · 2450

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Hey just wanted to share a radio show I did where we chatted about ice lines.

You can read all about it here and hear it.
http://wp.me/p1kNCF-Fy

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Good info there.  I asked a rep once about "ice line".  He told me that the companies will not retool there extruders for a limited run of ice fishing line.  What we will see is monofilament in batches of 1,2,3 and 4 pound test on a ponyspool for the ice reels.  they will generally not extrude 1000 yard spools in these low pound test lines for us ice anglers.  They will market it as an "ice line" and package it as such.  He showed me different manufacturers line and how there were differences from braid to florocarbon to monofilament.  He also showed me how certain types have memory and will coil as it goes down the hole.  I was impressed with what he was saying. It made sense to me from a dollars and cents point of view.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Companies are making special lines now for ice fishing, a few did just repackage there open water stuff. But there is difference now.

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great info. thanks for sharing.  I now have a better understanding of the lines than the normal marketing hype & hoopla.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar