Ice Fish Ohio Forum

alum 2/7

fishingislife

• View Profile
Anyone going be on alum tomorrow?  Been a tough bite recently but you never know when they are going turn on.   Going out tomorrow try my luck

muskarp

• View Profile
Well after somebody talked me into hitting the lake, then bailing on me. I decided to sell out on the unproductive main lake operations that I've been conducting this ice season and head to community cove. Gas auger is in the shop again this season so the game plan was to punch three holes under the shanty and fish them no matter what. No hole hoppin' today! Set up on the break in 23'. First hole had a branch that I managed to wiggle off of twice. So the cover went on that hole. Moved to the next hole. Worked a 1/10th oz pink ice pimple with a minnow head to pull a couple out of this hole. But for some reason I moved to my last hole (maybe because the wood slot is smaller and less ice shows to help keep things warm inside). Bite on the pimple seemed to slow so I switched to a 2lb rod with a firetiger Marmooska with three maggots. That was the ticket all afternoon. Had to keep it moving though. If it stopped the fish would bail. Pulled most fish two to three foot off the bottom to get them to strike. Ended up with 19 fish between 10-14", only threw two back about 9-9.5"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:07:53 PM by muskarp »

Vexilar