Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Northern Michigan

Bryan · 8 · 4904

Bryan

• View Profile
Left early this afternoon for Saginaw Michigan, just got back so here is the report, they are in the same boat...no good ice. Their lakes are froze over at least, but it's only an inch or two of rotten ice. Those that are thinking of heading north...plan on going farther than Saginaw! LOL!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
WOW!  Misery loves company.  All us iceheads are suffering.  Things are going to turn for all us in the southern half of the ice belt.  We're going to be ice fishing in 2 weeks or less, guaranteed.  We're overdue for safe ice.  It's coming!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan

• View Profile
I think it'll turn around too, I just hope it does before Feb 1st! I have the first 12 days of Feb scheduled off work with the sole purpose of sitting on Lake Erie with the intent of filling my freezer with Walleye!! 8)
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, I know inland lakes will be frozen by then, hope Erie is too for you.  ;)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
I think your right...Had to cancell my week of vacation that was scheduled to start on the 13th...I told them I was in a holding pattern and would let them know...
Gaff its not just for chicken...

g

• View Profile
hopefully we will be on ponds & shallow lakes by the middle of next week. keep your fingers crossed.

Matthew Fiedler

• View Profile
i was surprised to see skim still on the ponds this morning.  good sign.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too.  Drove by a couple ponds this morning and was pleasantly suprised that there was still ice on them.  It may all be gone by Wed, but the water will still be very cold, and with the temps plummeting Thurs-at least Mon and maybe longer, we'll be on ponds Sunday or Monday.  Safely on ponds!  ;D  Also the brief warm-up will help out places like Mogadore that the snow settled on and killed the ice.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar