Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy Sat 1/23

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Was on Nimmy Saturday 1/23 from 7am-1pm out of C1 with Dustin, Dan, John & Jeff. Ice was 4" Sold, Clear Ice... Slick as Sh*t. Ice Cleats  were Required.

We headed for deep waters punching holes trying to find em.  Dustin caught a nice Channel Cat & released it.  We caught some dink perch., largest was 9". Fish were absolutely on the bottom. Didn't see hardly any movement by individual or schools of fish.

Son, Nathan, came out about 10am and fished till noon.

Wind picked it approaching noon and was downright brutal. Buckets & other gear was flying southward, down the lake. Staking shanty's was a must.

Bite was almost non-existent.

I filleted 6 small perch.  None of us caught a single bluegill. Dustiin caught the only Crappie.

Goose Hunters had decoys set on the ice at the Radio Tower Peninsula.., Said 1 guy walked right between their decoys.

Hopefully the bite picks up next time.

Had fun, but would have liked to have found our elusive prey.

The new Drill Setup worked great: 6" ORANGE NILS CONVERTIBLE AUGER WITH A CLAM CONVERSION PLATE, DEWALT DCD995 CORDLESS DRILL AND TOM'S HOME-MADE ADAPTER SHAFT.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:08:14 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know your right about the wind, last year I watched my scoop and 6 gal bucket zoom across the ice by the gas wells , couldn't catch them ....nimi seems a little slow kinda like the ice is fresh to us but the fish seem to be on schedule as far as being fineky for the time of year...glad ya did get out and your drill is working good.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Snowcone: Brilliant insight. I've been banging my brain trying to figure out why the recent weekend poor fishing results and virtual LOCK JAW.,couldn't figure out why the dead & brown weeds at Nimmy too.  DUH!!!!

Kudo's
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep. We got ice just in time for that tough period that is usually mid ice. Fish are on a time table and don't wait for us. Just like they were spawning under ice last year. Mother nature keeps on pace. When I get out I'll be looking at that first drop off past the weedy flats.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Dave_E

• View Profile
Anybody find any green weeds at all on the North end? 

I found a nice patch last winter (late Feb early March) in about 9ft of water by the tower.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here. I found some in pine tree bay off main street side and got good crappie in there. Soon as I get on and find some I'll let you know.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar