Ice Fish Ohio Forum

best spring bobbers

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I have been trying different types of spring bobbers this year and I was wondering which one you prefer to use. For me I think I finally found the one I really like and it's made by Rapala Titanium Spring Bobbers. A little tricky to put on( you tube it) but you can adjust the sensitivity on them and once you put them on , they wont come off until you take them off

Buckeye John

• View Profile
Iv'e tried a half dozen different types over the last couple of years too but the best by far is the Rapala Titanium spring Bobber.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree on the Rapala. The titanium in the best.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i have tried alot,but always go back to the schooley clip on,works for me.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

toadfish

• View Profile
I got some spring bobbers from sportsmen's direct for about 10 bucks for the pair. They are titanium and adjustable. They work very well, much better than the flat metal ones they replaced.  Got a couple small eyes while using them.  Very sensitive with good action on the jig.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Hillbilly

• View Profile
frabill titanum.
For me, being able to remove the spring is a selling point.
Prior to the frabills, i used marmoska spring bobbers from HT. The HT(flat spring) is much more sensitive, but all around, i like the frabill better.

HB

fishincontrol

• View Profile
I've always used the ones that look like coil springs. They are a pain to thread the line through and sometimes the line loops between the coils, but I have never needed anything else.

Vexilar