Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ordered another new ice toy! (hydrowave mini)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've been using a hydrowave on my bass boat for years and couldn't think how to adapt it to ice fishing, as the microphone is mounted to the boat and it would be very tough to unmount it. It has really increased the bass and crappie I've caught on my boat since using it. It plays the sounds of bait fish.  This year they made a small portable battery powered one for ice fishing. The battery is supposed to last 8-10 hours. It should be here this week and I'm exited to see if it works as well on ice as it does on open water. Might reduce the need to move as much if the fish are nearby in weeds or sunken trees and brush. I can't wait to get in the Jon boat and start using my ice gear again. The vex, new hydrowave, ice and palm rods, and ice lures.  So ready for ice fishing season!

Here's a link to more details about it.
http://www.redsgear.com/hydrowave-mini-system-package-100038-07p.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwzJexBRCa_pGo8IK0ilASJABfGldbHZgrlYaIXVCxif3lgoKV7QW2CUwMKE_E4Pc8jUnsZxoCC37w_wcB
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:07:23 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
Your killing me showing more stuff to get. I love new gadgets.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too!  And the full size unit is amazing!  Hope the ice version is half as good as the boat one. If it is, catch rates will go up!  ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Oh my, another toy!!! I always wondered if those work. May have to buy one. Although I may have to hide it from the wife. She just let me buy a new $1000+ crossbow .with that plus all the ice gear I may have to scale it back for a little while. Then again she doesn't see my cabelas card statement...lol

g

• View Profile
What the wife doesn't know about, the better I like it. If the wife's not happy, nobody is happy. What crossbow did you get 30?

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Excalibur matrix 380. Cracked a limb on my Horton fury on Sat and I don't trust any Horton parts out there any more so now it's a paperweight  >:( my wife really doesn't give me too much crap about what I buy but I try to keep it reasonable. I usually fail. Lol

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey slab if I run across you and I see your vibrating and glowing I'm just going to write it off as an U F O sighting  hahahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You know it. I carry more gear than the average UFO!   ;D

And as for the wife thing, once it's in the fishing room in the basement there's no telling if it came yesterday or 2 years ago!   :o 8)  Just need to beat her home and get the package first. If I don't, it's a tool for work and the unopened box goes straight in my service truck, then down to the fishing room at a later date. If I was reasonable, it would be OK. The first few packages before ice are no big deal, but when they start coming 2x a week for usually 2 months is a different story. Because she knows there's trips to Mark's and other local stores too!

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
I have my stuff delivered to my work. Same as your room when it hits the truck who knows how long it's been in there. The wife works nights and doesn't care so I'm good.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Yeah and there's always the old stand by. If your wife starts complaining about how much you spend on hunting/fishing equip just take her to the bedroom and (no I'm not about to get perverted) open up the closet. If your wife is anything like mine there's enough unworn shoes and clothes in there to remind her that maybe you are not so bad. Not to mention she spends 100 bucks every time she goes to the hair salon. You know what...Think I'm gonna buy a hydrowave.lol

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My office isn't in the best part of town, so I have concrete tools and other things shipped to my house.  So, I have my fishing gear sent to my house with my company name first, then care of my address and name. So glad she doesn't log onto IFO and learn my secrets!  ;D  I think if our wives did that we'd all be hatching new plans!  :o

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I don't know if you know this slab but you can register at ups website and they will alert you when you have a pkg coming and when it arrives at your house. Im Sure FedEx does the same thing. I use it so packages dont sit on the porch all day but it may help you out. Don't want you getting in trouble and not being able to fish.

quackpot

• View Profile
I have worked at the same car lot for the last 27 years. They don't care if I have something shipped there, and they give me a yell when they get there. Like I said the misses is behind me all the way. I got a great gal.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I like to tease, but overall my wife is really good. I went ice fishing over 60 times last winter with no complaints. That's not all that bad, I fish almost every day during ice season, I could have it a lot worse.

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Yeah its nice to be with someone who is OK with you doing what you love to do. I dont mean to sound like shes that bad. I know a lot of guys that would get unlimited grief from their wife if they did all the stuff I do. Between deer hunting and fishing I'm gone just about every weekend. Hell I got no cause to complain, I went deep sea fishing on my honeymoon.  ;D she's always said she'd rather have me out fishing/hunting than out partying and doing other things guys do sometimes. And she knows how much I love the outdoors. The only thing she doesn't seem to totally understand is just how much stuff a guy needs to buy to really enjoy his hobbies. ;D

Vexilar