Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/16/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fished off S Main boat ramp in the creek channel. Bite was slow. Fished in 17-22 feet of water. Caught perch, crappie, and bluegill but nothing was great. Barely keepers. Threw everything back, my big spot for the tournament is looking like it may be a bust. Now more scouting this week.........until the rain, I don't want to get wet!  ;)  Looking forward to Sundays tourney!! ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well now I don't feel so bad because sat out there was a bust , I had mad fish under me but they had lock jaw.. :P  I got 1 gill  . oh well see ya  next week end... ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, marked fish like crazy but took forever to coax a bite. Hopefully they'll bite better after the weather change.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Yea, went out yesterday from 2 to 7 and only heard the coyote's singing just before dark. Could only manage 1 bite. Marked a bunch, but it seemed liked my maggots must have sprayed them when they got close. The search continues.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
since the bite has been so weird im going to change my strategy on where im fishin ...there finding food somewhere and just strolling around so they don't get bored   hahahahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

gillhunter

• View Profile
Since I'm not going to be in the tournament, I will share my recent lock jaw defeating tip. What I have been doing is hovering the bait just right above them for a few seconds and then raising the rod tip up real fast about 3' and letting the jig tipped with a waxie, flutter down past them. It has been driving them nuts, they will suck it up, on the drop all most every time. Some time you have to bring out the predator instinct in them.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've been doing the same thing! ;D Works like a charm.  And I'll add that the hook can't be overloaded. Too much bait on it and they ignore it.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar