Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Last Official day of ice fishing in Ohio

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Well Ladies & Gentlemen,
I’m going to call it, today is the last Official day of ice fishing in Ohio this season. I don’t think the weather is going to cooperate with 6-7 sub-freezing consecutive days. So… its time to put the ice gear up, pull out the boat give her a shine.

9 days on the ice I don't know why I even try ???
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Bonecrusher

• View Profile
I have been thinking about getting the boat out myself. I still have hopes but they are diminishing quickly! Glad I at least got to use the new Marcum once. I may be hanging it off the side of the canoe with the ice gear this weekend.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Well I'm not speaking so soon. Not that there is much ice around me but I only have two bad days in the 10 day forecast. Most of my highs are around 30-32 with lows around 20. Not gonna make much but by next weekend there may be somewhere to fish here... Monday possibilty of a passing shower and 39 but I still have a little hope. I still will forsure be able to fish in MI!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Getting the boat ready today.  Took it to Vic's this morning to get spring service done.  I'll be ready to hit the water this weekend!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my ice gear is ready, my boat is ready,  3 2 1  go
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
maybe we should start having a contest to gues the last day of ice fishing! Seems like it would be easier to predict than the first!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Erie Tom

• View Profile
I'll go  with snocone.  Wake up  in  the morning  and  see  what is being  dealt  for  the  day. Both  are  ready!!  Ready  for a boat  launch  to get  steelies in  the warm water  discharge  if  the lakes are not  thick enough. If  and   a big  IF  we  get some good  ice  that  will fly  by  me  also!!

Vexilar