Ice Fish Ohio Forum

camp perry

catfish · 13 · 8664

catfish

• View Profile
Looking to go out this weekend. Any new information  on the bite there or how far out. Any hot baits. Just getting started ice fishing and need all the help I can get. Thanks

g

• View Profile
Normally use #5 prism green silver or gold pimples, use #6 or #7 pimples if current is present. Have had good results with prism red and orange pimples too. I usually dead stick a #5 jigging rapala 3-5 feet off bottom. Gold 1/3 oz cleos, blade baits, buckshot jigging spoons, macho minnows  and jigs work. Don't be afraid to upsize lure weights if the bite is tough, works many times for me. Good luck.

catfish

• View Profile
Do very well with your dead stick, or do you work it when you have a looker. Was up last weekend  and didn't do so hot but heard it was tough. You going out this weekend?

g

• View Profile
Depends on the mood of the fish. If they don't rush up and inhale my bait and stick around looking I will work the bait. Jiggle it in place, small jigging strokes or a slow steady retrieve. Experiment to see what they want but I catch a fair number of fish on a deadstick.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Perry is slowing down Catawba picking back up
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

catfish

• View Profile
What do you think about Sunday.  You do anygood  when it's snowing like it's suppose to?

Slim

• View Profile
How's the ice for tomorrow. Didn't know how the rain was for you west side guys.

toadfish

• View Profile
I went out of camp Perry Wednesday 1/28/2015 out about  6 miles in 28 fow.  Lots of marks but only one hit on green pimple.  9 to 10" of ice with just a little snow.  Watch your flasher like a hawk and try to raise fish off bottom to get them to hit.  Good luck and stay safe.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Fishing was great tonight 4mi. right at dark. Got out of class and started fishing after 4 was in with fish before six thirty.

ATTACHED PARKING INFO SEE LINK BELOW
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

catfish

• View Profile
B any problems  with ice tonight  heard something  was going on

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile