Ice Fish Ohio Forum

a positive thread...

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Since we are having such a tough time I figured I would remember what it was like and why I'm such an addict. I took this idea from another site.  Hope it helps our lousy season blues.

Why I prefer to ice fish:

The sound of a lantern hissing. Sitting in a warm shanty staring out the window watching a fierce blizzard that just moved in.  Dead calm while sitting on the remote backwaters of a lake surrounded by trees and woods with no houses insight.  Seeing Rabbit tracks across the ice with Fox tracks following from the night before.  The blue color of the ice as the sunsets.  The smell of a bubbling can of soup on the top of my heater.  Watching a school of fish appear out of nowhere on the screen of my underwater camera.  Setting the hook on a Big Bull Gill!  Watching a first timer walk across the ice as they think every step could be their last!  Watching that same first timers face as they pull a fish through an 8" hole.  Laughing with a buddy the whole time we are out there.

Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Boy do I wish I could be seeing, and hearing what's described in there right now!!  This snow's helping set the mood a little bit.  Now if we can just get some cold.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar