Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Kayak Dealers in Centeral Ohio

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am looking to buy my first Kayak this year and I am looking for a good dealer that will let me try some yak's out to see what one I would like to purchase does anyone know of such places in centeral ohio?
I am hr and half from columbus, 2 hrs from cleveland, 45 mins from Akron/Canton area.

Thanks in advance for any help

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You might ask someone at Mohican. They are really big on canoeing and kayaking, they're bound to know who has the best deals and products.

Look up:

Mohican Canoe Livery + Loudenville, Ohio
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am waiting for some warm weather to call them and see if I might be able to try a few out and see if they have any used ones they would like to sell

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I've been looking to get into kayak fishing too. I'm not sure of any place near you, but there is always bass pro. In grand rapids is a place called river lures that sells kayaks and canoes. I've been talking to the guy there about a new yak. Which kayaks were you looking at?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure your price range, but Dick's also has a good selection of fishing kayaks.  At least the one up here in Canton does.  The sit on top are the best, that's the one I use for fishing out of.  It's called an Ocean Kayak, but would work great anywhere.  Just a little expensive new, but my friend got a used one for $200.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Bass Pro is little far to drive think the only one I know of in Ohio is near Dayton so my next best bet is Dunham sports, Dicks or Gander Mountian, I am not set on any brand just looking at the sit on top ones as far as price goes I will be looking to spend about $550 for a full setup don't know if this is something that can be done for a SOT but I sure will try and make it work. The only problem I have now is I have to sell my 14 ft alum boat to get my new yak

jmsteele187

• View Profile
There is a bass pro in Rossford, I don't know if that's any closet for you though. For me, it's just a 15 minute ride from Toledo. They have a 12 ft SOT from ascend for $499. I haven't found much else for less. That was the first one I looked at, now it's the last on my list. I've been checking out the perception search 13. It's a little bit more, but it's a much better yak.

Vexilar