Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Moggy 1-10

gimme ice

• View Profile
Made the 40min drive to Mogadore this morning. First time ice fishing this lake. Very nice. Parked in the clr lot. Many guys on the ice. 30 guys/10 shanties. Everyone was to the east. No one west of clr? Safe ice. Prolly 7-9 in. Slow fishing overall (especially slow for me!) Was using waxys and maggs . Had trouble even marking fish. Only got to fish till noon. Few guys had gills and perch. Saw one bass on the ice. Felt good to get on some big water. Would like to try it again next week if weather holds up. Wouldn't mind meeting up with someone who knows the lake. Thx.

fishingful

• View Profile
West side is shetchey unless you know what youelr doing. East side head out to the far shore and find the channel. Mogadore is a morning and evening bite lake. stay away from the road ice is not safe there. You should have seen open water on the west side middle of the causeway.

gimme ice

• View Profile
fishingful, thx for the tips. Need to find that channel! Saw the open water on the west side.

fishingful

• View Profile
Not much of a channel. Its only about a foot difference. Fish the weed edges and stay away from the crouds. Its clear in there. Small is better.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I will be in the Mogadore/ wingfoot area tomorrow morning about noon I have never fished these areas.

Anyone wanna meet up and fish tomorrow I will have one of my sons with me???

FreezyP

• View Profile
Thanks for the updates!!  thinking about going out in the morning!  will ice still be ok with all this rain?

fishingful

• View Profile
We didn't get all that much rain. a bunch of water on the ice and lost a couple inches while we were out there today. we were on about 6 and walked off 4ish  Auger holes expanding and small holes forming where water is running in.

I am done for the weekend. Spud your way. Wear creepers. Ice is slick. Shantys need ice anchors or be in a fish trap. My busy in a fish trap even went for a short ride today.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Darn.. sounds like i need to hold off again for a few weeks before trying to get out.

fishingful

• View Profile
Good time to scout. You may be able to get out on congress lake rd without much worry. I was not over that way.  Ice on the main lake is just too iffy for me. Still clear ice on wingfoot but started to get soft with bubbles in it. Still 34 deg here in mogadore.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great Help Fishingful. Thank You!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs