Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lowrance on ice

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I've had a lowrance elite 4x hdi for a couple years now.  Last year was my first year using it on ice, and I had some issues with it.  The main issue I found was that most of the time, I couldn't see my lure on the graph.  I'm sure I need to make some adjustments to the settings, but I have no idea what to adjust.  Does anyone have experience with these units?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a HDS 10 on my bass boat and to see my lure when drop shotting on Erie I turn the gain or sensitivity up. (I can't remember what it is called in the settings menu.)  Is a Lowrance unit so I'd think it would be similar.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I use the elite 3x portable pack. Make sure you're set on the narrow cone setting for your transducer. Mines 20 °. Think it's the 200 khz. Wide is 83. Don't quote me on that. May be the opposite but I think I'm right. Then I adjust the sensitivity up as high as I can without getting a bunch of clutter on the screen. You'll have to play with it some as the same setting doesn't always act the same for some reason. And keeping your depth setting as shallow as you can helps too. I can pick up a 1/200th jig with mine. Hope this helps.

Vexilar