Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-4-11

crv423 · 41 · 19336

fishslim

• View Profile
Well held true again tonight 15 minute spurt got a 24" fatty and broke off a real sow! As fast as it started it ended!! Got to make most of you bites if you get them!!

JustNutts

Same time as the other night when we were there fishslim??

fishslim

• View Profile
Yep same area as well as time,that spot has produced every night right around the same time. 2 from there yesterday and couple others hooked around that area more toward where you were set-up. Be out there for tomorrow evening for majic minutes see what happens lost my best bait.  >:(

droptine10

• View Profile
Heading out there tommorrow around noon, I have hit alum close to 20 times and have missed  a few good fish and caught 2 saugeye. Probobly going to hit a little south of where you guys have been fishing, not trying to crowd into you guys spot, ive been hitting the coves north of you and way to many skunk nights. I am planning on trying the drop off a little closser to the beach. If I am hitting them ill let you know. Figure might done after this weekend, so going to hit it hard this weekend, good luck to all.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
droptine - good luck out there.  The bite has truly been a 15 minute spurt.  I fished a little south of slim and the "lurker" through this week and it has been hit and miss.  I didn't hole hop at all last night and I didn't mark any, so we obviously didn't catch any...

FYI - LURKER - I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that towards this particular person, BUT if someone is fishing a specific spot don't be a jerk and go drill a hole FEET from someone's tipup or where they are already setup.  I didn't not confront this person when it happened because it didn't happen to me but I witnessed it.  I will if I need to though.  If we are fishing 15-20ft of water and I have my tipup out, I suggest you not be within 20 ft of it unless you are fishing with me or I know you well enough to be called a friend!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now, get some coffee and settle in for work.

droptine, I'm a nice guy even though I had my little rant.  Stop by and say hello if you see me.  I'll be in a blue shanty or in my black and grey warm gear.
Good Luck!

droptine10

• View Profile
You dont have to worry about me, I have been ice fishing for many years, this is a first spending this much time at alum, got a hog early on alum ......so I keep finding myself back down there, but I know respect and dont fish ontop of anyone. I will stop by to say hey, heading out around noon or 1;00 although it seems to hold true every where on the lake the eyes dont hit till that last half hour, good luck.

JustNutts

LOL the LURKER... Slim, is that the guy who was kinda... 'out there' the other night when we met up?

fishslim

• View Profile
Russ yep yep and yep!! Drilled 3 feet away from me last night. Tonight mdbuckeye,Brad,Big Joshy and myself all in same area here comes lurker about half hour before prime time. Looks at all are holes and says all i need is one hole about right here in middle of us and drilled away. I was busting in side because i told them it would be just as it played out. The boys were in shock except Brad he redrilled a hole 12" from his and set right by him till i got him to go into his shanty. Did not phaze him at all. Only had two marks tonight got one 16" and other just looked and swam away no one else had a bite couple other marks. Was still another new adventure though!! lol ;D

JustNutts

O man im still laughin HA. Ya know I deffinatly dont mind being friendly and helping anybody out if I can, but theres something about this one that seems a little...off. Maybe the guy just doesnt know.. well thats obvious I guess, but just as everything fishing requires some respect from others. And that means not standing beside you. Even with me, Ive been fishing for a long time and am confident in what I do, but if I dont know something, heck man I just ask. Usually respect, friendlyness, and kindess will do alot for ya.

fishslim

• View Profile
Yeah thats what i said glad to see him catch his first saugeyes thru the ice. Butttt! ;D Did not see your p.m. till alittle bit ago i doubt i will be out at all this weekend might be there sunday around primetime if lucky maybe you can drill me a hole and have it ready for me to fish preferrably right next to you. good fishing hope you find some. Be safe!!

droptine10

• View Profile
Thats almost funny, except Iwouldnt be happy to have some one come right next to me, its a big lake, fished south of everyone and had one good hit and missed it. Getting pretty used to alum skunks. To top it off talked with Fishslim in the parking lot for a few then went over to discover I left my keys in the car and it was locked. Heading back in the afternoon. Good luck.......Craig

Vexilar