Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-4-11

crv423 · 41 · 19331

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I wish I were able to stay around for the bite but I knew you would get one.
Nice work!

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Very Nice.....
Gaff its not just for chicken...

fishinsam

• View Profile
fished friday and saturday at alum. crv were you fishing out infront of the marina? i thinki  saw you out there i fished out infront of the dam. didnt catch a thing all weekend cept for a crappie at buckeye.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
SHHHH! ;)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

fishslim

• View Profile
Great looking Fish congrats!! Might be out that way tomorrow late afternoon. Only some crappies tonight. Good fishing be safe!!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I got me one tonight finally. I don't have a printer @ home so I wasn't able to enter it in the weekly contest but I got a 20" male.  I'm not sure this will work from my phone but I'll try n post a pic below.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Great job, what did you get him on and fow?
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Your go to lure but in silver and black because I lost my silver and blue one to a rock monster.
I was fishing in 20 FOW right off the break.  I had a bigger one on, at least it felt that way, but it came unbuttoned shortly into the fight.  The one I did catch engulfed the bait though.

crv423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It sounds like every day they're moving in a little better than the last. I'm glad you finally caught one, I hate giving someone a little advice and it doesn't pay off. Hopefully the yellow suit will finally agree that the area is a good spot, his negativity keeps him from catching fish, its all about positive thinking. Hopefully in the next week or two we will be catching limits there, there's some hogs in there.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I had a shot for a hog, I believe.  I think they come in waves so you need to be ready when its time.

fishslim

• View Profile
Well finally got a good fish tonight as well Crv same area but shallower 14 fow but close to drop. Used a blue Pearl vibra max 1/4 ounce no minnow head. Tried pimple and minnow head no go. Changed to vibra max and finally see a mark charge off bottom and slam it a fat 22" saugeye,then dropped it right back down couple pumps and bam another one on but came unbuttoned. Drop again another hit total whiff!! Man i rusty!! Then it was done nothing else. Hope to see you guys out there!!

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great catch. The yellow suit will be on em on Sunday afternoon!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

mikeL

• View Profile
the yellow suit is going to be out sunday, looks like we will be able to cover some ground
ill see you on the ice
Pro staff

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
i'll be back friday or saturday.maybe sunday too.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
The bite has been a quick 10-15 minute flurry and then nothing.
It all seems to happen between 5:30-6-15, at least in the last few days it has.

The crappie are still just off the edge in deep water before dusk it seems.  Other than that I'm afraid we aren't going to have much more good ice after next weeks thaw.  I hope I'm wrong but the forecast doesn't look conducive for us ice guys.

Vexilar