Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice flashers

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Trying to narrow it down.  Vexilar FL-8 was looking pretty good.  But I'm leaning toward a FL-18.  What do you think?
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
well...its a matter of personal budget, but a few things to consider.

if you dont have one at all, get one.

most that purchase the 8 upgrade to a different model within a few yrs. but typically keep their 8 around ;-)

also consider the features of both and the areas you fish , which will fit your needs.

food for thought.

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Look under ice gear for sale papaperch had a FL 20 for i think 380.00 could be a good deal if it suits your purpose. Dave

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have an FL-18 and I love it.  You can lock on the bottom and zoom in.  It's easy to see your lures on it.  If you can afford it, the FL-18 is the way to go.  It has so many tools the 8 doesn't have.  The 8 is a great tool, but for a serious ice fisherman, you'll love the added features of the 18.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
i have the fl-18 & love the zoom feature. it gives a little better target separation. tues. nights chat is with a vexilar prostaff member. he should explain about the different models & which transducer is best for the water depth you will fish. about a month ago, walleye.com had a short video about the different models & transducers.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Marcum LX-5 or LX-7
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar