Ice Fish Ohio Forum

lost days

Poll

how many days did you not fish due to bad weather?

3 (42.9%)
0-5
3 (42.9%)
5-10
0 (0%)
10-15
0 (0%)
15 or more
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
how many days this year did you blow off fishing due to weather? rain,snow,sub zero temps. ???
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The only thing I won't ice fish in is rain.  Hate drying all my gear out. Didn't fish yesterday and that's been it.  I've had work keep me off the ice and that's it. I'll fish thru any snow or cold. I was on the ice when it was -15, and when we were getting 8"of snow.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I'm with you on the rain,but strong winds will also keep off the ice.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I fished on the coldest days this year, broke out my heater the first time in many years and sat in the shanty. Most of the time I drag my clam and just use the seat, as a result of not being used to sitting in one I broke 2 rod tips offin the damn hinges by not paying attention. The bad thing is I've used 2 weeks vacation pounding the ice, headed out again tonight after work and tomorrow morning, Saturday will be my last day of ice fishing this year. Getting burnt out and ready for spring!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wind is annoying and I thoroughly detest it, but I'll fish thru it.

We may not be on the ice much longer than the end of next week anyway. A few days of 50 add in the sun, snow melt, and temps staying above freezing at night and it won't take long to rot even the 20+" of ice we have. I think if the forecast is right we have about 10 days left, give or take a couple depending on if you plank on or not.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I guess the days bad weather keeps me home is the time I can recover from the last trip.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar