Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First Year Ice Fisher Lady from Michigan .. Crane Creek Fisher

bontron3

• View Profile
HI .. I am new to all of this, I am 34 and my boyfriend took me out on an inland lake in Michigan just to see if I liked it. I caught a 4 inch perch, pathetic but I was hooked. I purchased my Ohio License and went out on Lake Erie for first time in Jan. 2014, I got a hit and miss, the first day,.. well I kept saying Im waiting for the biggest fish, so the next day we went out and I caught my first fish on a blue and silver ratlin flyer with one minnow. Oh and its being mounted. The fish is almost 32" AND 11.25 LBS, I know its not as huge as it could be, but my first walleye is the biggest one my boyfriend and my dad has ever seen in person. So proud and I loved every moment I am out there fishing.. I am at peace that many people don't understand.

fool4fish

• View Profile
Welcome Bontron very nice fish we dont take too well to them folks up there when it comes to our sports but hey a fisher lady welcome by me my old lady loves to fish but she dont take well to ice glad you're having sucess
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome,thats a beauty of a catch,glad you found us,lots of info on this site...enjoy!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

muskarp

• View Profile
Great story. Glad you found a keeper after your pathetic perch day. After a day like that you've earned something worth talking about. I'm sure your BF and father are both very proud of you. Made your trip south well worth the effort. 

bcann

• View Profile
just want to say nice fish and welcome to the site. my wife went out ice fishing this winter and sat there in the shanty and while fishing croshayed a pair of booties for the grand baby forth coming in august. if you and bf and your dad are ever out this way ( mosquito lake let me know maybe we can wet a line before the ice turns to water and we will break out the pontoon.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome! !  Glad you're hooked. It's been an awesome ice season. Hope is as good next year!   Nice fish by the way!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ya did good   ;D ;D  real good , every person that fishes wants one of those   8)  hehehehe
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar