Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Stuck!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
No way to get out fishing today on the ice. Everything is covered with 3/8" of ice. Can't navigate the 4/10 mile drive thru the woods. It's so slick, you'd just slide off and get stuck. And if I got down, the neighbors said don't try to go up the big hill to get to the highway. Nobody can make it up. Many tried and spun out sideways at the bottom. Sure hope today isn't baby time.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Slab,

Baby will come just as soon as you drill your first hole and the Vex lights up like a XMAS and before you get your bait in the water. :D
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't you know it. Going to try for an hour or 2 Monday morning. Works slow so I'll have a shot before we go to the doc.  She's at 40 weeks now, so any minute!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
are you in the twilight zone buddy    :-\
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You have no idea.......

Team Wilcraft!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
This ice sucks!  Was gonna go back out this morning. Sheet of ice on everything in the dayton area. Got the truck opened and thawed out. Loaded it up. Hit the road and was sliding on the back roads instantly. Made it to the main roads and they were better but nowhere near what id call good.  I have serious doubts about the country roads up near indian. I'd get there but it would take forever. And I'm kinda paranoid with my new truck. Lol. Turned around. Gonna try to go up late morning and fish till dark. Fingers crossed. If anyone has a road report from up near indian let me know.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:51:32 AM by 30inthabucket »

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Sunday morning in Wapak was no better,  I let the dog out a 5 am and it sounded like she was walking on glass, I stepped off the deck and everything is covered by ice, no movement on the roads and level 3 conditions around Indian Lake, so it looks like a day at home watching and reading about ice fishing, tomorrow  has to be better or at least safer

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Thanks wapak. Been sitting here second guessing myself. Glad to know I made the right call.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Better safe than sorry guys. Give the weather, road conditions and ice another day or two to improve.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Same here in canton. All the local churches cancelled. I'm not going to try it today myself. Will try somewhere tomorrow morning if no baby!

Team Wilcraft!

Downthehole

• View Profile
The overnight rain and freezing temps made everything an ice skating rink this morning.....the local hardware store did a roaring trade on salt......
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm sure. I used over 200 pounds of calcium on my driveway just so I could get down the hill to the road.

Team Wilcraft!

Downthehole

• View Profile
I'm sure. I used over 200 pounds of calcium on my driveway just so I could get down the hill to the road.

Wow! Used 2 40lb bags on my drive/paths....the ice was pretty thick...
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The ice we thick and my drive is 4/10 mile long. Takes a lot of material to clear it.  :-\

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar