Ice Fish Ohio Forum

All I want for Christmas is a........

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Well the wife yet again allowed me to pick out my Christmas gift,  besides wanting ice fishing to last until the end of March I guess my want would be a Aqua Vu Micro , any thoughts about this item, good or bad

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Worth it's weight in gold!!!  Love mine and I know handymanjeff loves his too. They're worth every penny.  They're small and compact and can fit in a jacket pocket making them super portable and color which is awesome for distinguishing green weeds from dead weeds. Also great to tell the kind of fish you're marking.  I've also used mine to drop thru a weed canopy that the Vex has a hard time reading thru.  Once you're thru the surface the weeds really thin out, so you can pan around and see what's under there and if it's worth fishing or not.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  I have a older style aqua view and have mixed feelings. If the water clarity is good it can be a helpful tool . But in murky water it becomes just about ineffective. Also  keeping the camera looking in the direction you want it to is also challenging unless you purchase one of the controllers for it. But on the other hand if you find fish and they are being finicky or won't bite you can drop the camera down and identify what fish your looking at and how they react to your presentation. Hope this helps some.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:26:53 PM by Ntoiceman36 »
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
 I have a older style aqua view and have mixed feelings. If the water clarity is good it can be a helpful tool . But in murky water it becomes just about ineffective.

Very good point!!  If you fish a lot of murky water, it might not be worth it. Maybe get a different toy!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
I use mine at Indian and it works pretty good. Indian is known to be murky but for the most part. There is times I can't see but I love it. I bought mine as a reconditioned unit from them with the warranty.

Downthehole

• View Profile
All I want for Christmas is.....enough Cadela's gift cards so I can get one....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Nate I use a piece of 3/4" poll foam with a slot cut in it and a clamp it keeps the hole from freezing.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got a Micro Aqua Vue last year.  Nice added bonus towards searching or target species
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Downthehole

• View Profile
I got the Marcum Recon 5+ delivered today.....very nice piece of kit!

Can't wait to use it on the water.I did my first recon mission in the garage earlier. Did see the target species though....

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

toadfish

• View Profile
I know it is late, but would temps below the freezing mark for a few weeks be too much to ask?
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar