Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-28-14

crappiehunter

• View Profile
Well me and my buddy went up Friday around 4-7 in the afternoon to turkeyfoot to test things out again. We didn't do as good as last time but we managed to get about two dozen small bluegill and eight crappie about 10inches. We were fishing in 8 fow and were catching them about two feet of the bottom.Funny thing was that we saw tons and tons of shad swimming right by our holes, so we decided to move the bait up so we were fishing only about 2 feet deep and that's when we started getting the crappie before it got to dark to see anymore. Has anyone ever seen shad run like that so far up by the ice?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not until this year.  But this winter I saw it twice, once at Nimi and the other time at Mogadore.  Thanks for the nice report on the fishing too!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

crappiehunter

• View Profile
yeah its really weird because I've never seen that before either ha ha. And I'm always glad to give out a good fishing report, this is the first year in about 4 years that i have actually been able to go out ice fishing. We didn't do to good yesterday though only about six small bluegill, a few largemouth and maybe four crappie under nine inches

Vexilar