Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Uneasy feeling...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As of today, Dec 13th, it doesnt look too good.  Earliest bets now are between Xmas & New Years. 
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Right, my dad caught 3 bass last weekend.  I had the Ranger charged and ready to go along with the day off work tomorrow.  Planned on busting some bass of my own.  Not happening now, got some cold of flu and am miserable.  Left work 10 a.m. Wednesday and still don't feel much better.   >:(  Hope either I can get out one day next week or we get ice fast so I can try my new lures and new Jason Mitchell rods!!  ;  Really want to put that new Snap Rap to the test.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
My Buddy lives in Duluth MN and they are on the ice. It as 1 degree the other Day. My prediction is we will be on around the new year.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hope its a little before that.  I'm always off the week between Christmas and New Years, hope to be on the ice that week!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Im finding it hard to be as possitive as most,it is december 14th and 48degrees outside with rain on the way,i will keep hoping for ice soon though.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
looking back over the more than 30 years i've been fishing through a hole, here's my thoughts. last year was the only year i can remember no ice at all. 2010 was an exceptional year with early ice and a long season. 2005 was a notorious season, as i remember. the earliest ice i've ever seen. was fishing the 2nd week of december. 6 inches of ice that was gone by Christmas. 2000 was another exceptional season, (started our 3 day weekends at work). ;D didn't start fishing till 1st. week in january, but fished into march.

Vexilar