Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice rod hard case

g · 9 · 4241

g

• View Profile
I am going to buy a hard case for my ice rods and I was wondering if any members have any recommendations as to which one to buy. Pros and cons on the different models would be helpful in making my decision.

quackpot

• View Profile
Grant I know it's not a hard case but Saturday I will show you what crazy idea to use a soft case I came up with. I'm going to use swim noodles placed opposite directions. The rods can go inside the noodles and the other end will protect the reels.

quackpot

• View Profile
The other ones don't hold enough rods, these are going to be the rectangular cases. I should be able to carry more combos than I will need.

g

• View Profile
Look forward to see your idea Bobby. See you Sat.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have the Clam double sided rod locker.  It holds 16 straight line rod and reel combos. I don’t use spinning reels much at all anymore, so I can get a lot more in the case.  I love it and it has outside pockets for my jawjackers and palm rods.  Not the cheapest on the market, but it’s been thru 3 seasons and has been great. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
The hard case i prefer is a 5 gallon bucket........................ :D :D :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Saw guy

• View Profile
Hey Grant, I just ordered the eagle claw case from General Marine on their cyber Monday sale. It was $39.99, no taxes, and free shipping on any order over $50. Of course I had to hit the mark for free shipping ;D. Cabelas has them for $59.99 and $49.99 at field and Stream. Got it in two days.

g

• View Profile
I know what you mean holehopper, mine is too. Looking for something to protect the rods  on Erie. I will have to check yours out John. Was looking at that one online.

quackpot

• View Profile
Grant I have a small hard side gun case that needs foam put in to protect the rods. I can bring it to the docks if you want.

Vexilar