Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Will it ever come?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just looked at the forecast and still in the 40's next week.  Are we ever going to see ice again???
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jmsteele187

• View Profile
My weather channel app says mid to high 30's during the day and dipping into the 20's at night, all week. But I hear ya, BRING ON THE ICE!!!!!!!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I'm glad that you said because I really didn't want to. The ten day forecast here is horrible. The last time I checked in the next 10 days the lowest temp is 29. Looks like icefishing in 2011 may be done but I hope not.  Come on cold weather and ice.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishingislife

• View Profile
I sure hope the ice comes soon because I have alot free time and all I seem to be doing recently is buying more and more icefishing lures/supplies...  I can not wait for safe ice!

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Start throwin ice cubes in the lake please.  ;D
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've been sticking my head in the home freezer in order to get acclimated to cold weather... if and when it comes
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This happened a few years back though.  No ice thru mid-January and then the temp never went abovefreezing for 6 weeks and we ended up with 16 inches of ice and 8 weeks of good fishing.  Hope that happens again!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
THe prediction was for a cold winter so hopefully it is right around the corner!! Let's hope so at least!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

turkeyneck003

• View Profile
Keep your fingers crossed.......I was hoping I was wrong when I picked Dec. 29th for the first day we would fish on the Willard Res.......
Gaff its not just for chicken...

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
My early prediction was waaaaayy off.
I would say maybe the last week of December for ponds and shallow lakes. 

I hope so because I have some time off!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
 >:(i missed my day too! I'm going to cj and use my vexlar and ice rods just for practice :(

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I am seriously considering hitting some open water with the hard water gear next week after deer season this weekend

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If everything goes as planned I will be at west branch docks on sunday with the ice gear. to bad it wont be on the ice.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Sounds like it might be time to head northwest guys. I'm going to hate to tell my Dad I won't be home for Xmas Because there's no ice around Columbus

mikeL

• View Profile
Dave I'm really regretting not coming back this next week to Wi

It's prime early ice walleye going on in northern Wi
Pro staff

Vexilar