Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Any recent reports?

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
  ???  Anyone been on Nimi lately ? How much / thick is the ice ?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Saturday the smell of liver will fill the frosty air,luvstophish will be drilling holes searching for nimis elusive whiskered walleye
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

trapperjon

• View Profile
yesterday morning C-5 had 4" inside cove just past first little island had 3"  ice was singing it's growing song.... probably another inch was added since then, lot's of gills 1 keeper for every 20 caught, some crappie.. most small,  only 2nd time I've ice fished here so I really don't know where to go, was fishing inbetween weedbeds, out past lil' island water was cleaner and deeper but ice was thinner, didn't like the pucker factor,

steelneyes

• View Profile
Was out at c-5 as well yesterday, met Tjon on the ice through conversation.  Morning was slow, then when it began snowing at about 1PM fish went crazy.  Problem was in about 50 fish, got 1 keeper gill about 8.5", a few small crappies as well.  THe edge further to the east was better, the one furthest west by the first pulloff was broken up about 3' out. Another fisherman reported only 2" of ice at another area he tried on Nimi.    So some caution as always and spuds for sure if you are going to areas other than c-5. 
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

trapperjon

• View Profile
i'm heading to the north end soon, i'll be in a black shappel, hoping to find some holes that I can open w/spud, arm hurts too damn bad to drill, had  cortisone shots yesterday  :'(  never been there and i'm hoping I can get shanty to the water with one arm,

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D  ;D. This coming weeks weather Will fix our ice thickness worries .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:18:16 PM by Luvztaphish »

rkfish

• View Profile
I see the shanty's at north end, any luck at that spot?

gillhunter

• View Profile
Ice in c-5 was 4". Got thinner the father out you go

fishingful

• View Profile
I was on the north end this morning. lots of lookers few takers. The few we got wanted it dead still. Went to wing foot and got into them.

Vexilar