Ice Fish Ohio Forum

skunked

rkfish · 8 · 4631

rkfish

• View Profile
Started at nimisila campground around 830 nothing for three hours. Then went to osp started slow hour later nothing. Jigin with waxie what am I doin wrong where are the fish

rkfish

• View Profile
Crazy.newbie here this is first post and I get 58 views and not one helpful hintful piece of advice

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know this is going to sound stupid, but sometimes Nimi can be like that. What size and color were your jigs, how deep was the water, and how far off the bottom were you fishing?  Sounds like you were there at a good time. Also, do you carry waxies and spikes, sometimes they'll hit one and not the other.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

rkfish

• View Profile
I was in about 6ft of water about one foot off bottom color is orange on jig with waxxie. Just gettin into ice fishing wasnt sure if there were any basic secrets I didnt know. Not even sure what your referring to as a 'spike'...?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Spikes, mouseies, and maggots all refer to the same bait. They were on orange there last week. Did you try different styles of jigs; some that hang vertical in the water and some that hang horizontal. Also change color and size frequently until you get into the fish. I've seen days where they won't touch green but will hammer purple. Also for gills use a very light line, 1 lb or so. Also don't be afraid to move around, I've been skunked, only to drill a hole 5' away and start killing them.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I fished Nimmy mid day on day on Sunday 1/18 with my son, Nathan.  A few other OGFer's were there including Trapperjon, Buckzeye & Steelz.  I only fished a few hours before the wind got the best of my Clam Nanook and I called it quits before losing it because of bent poles.

I got skunked, but everyone else caught fish.  Nathan caught this nice perch.

Will be out there on Monday.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

trapperjon

• View Profile
RKFISH.... don't get disappointed cuz you had 58 views and no replies, people will click on a post hoping for a HOT report (nonmembers), anyhow... I was at nimi Saturday afternoon and the bite was on fire, I had 3 bull gills before I could even get second hole cleaned out, went back to exact same holes sunday morn. and the bite was VERY SLOW.  was like I was on a different lake,

ADAD1640

• View Profile
new to nimi but my buddy fished it today and caught about 15--he said it was slow---i fished it with him during first ice and we caught 25 to 30 thats it--

Vexilar