Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimisila Monday 1/20

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fished Monday on Nimmy with a number of OGFers including Lovin Life (Mark), Grizzly Adams (Rick), Bret & Mario.

I fished the from 7:15 to 5pm...my longest day on the ice sofar.

I had the Tips-Ups set out... caught one 3lb Channel Cat... that was it.

My best day on the ice sofar this season: 22 Gills, 8 Crappie & 3 Perch.

Mark managed to hook a 10 lb Getto Trout (Carp) on 2 lb test near the middle of the lake. He couldnt get it out of the 8" hole, so Mario came over to aid and drilled 2 more holes next to it. After a 10 minute fight, Mark got it on the ice, took a few pics and released it.

And to think he caught it without live bait... PLASTICS!!!

Mark also caught a 3 lb Cat also

Congrats Mark

My nephew brought his 2 young daughters out on the ice near 4pm. Mattie is 3 yrs old & Gracie is 4. I set up the Clam Nanook with the Big Buddy Heater. They had a blast catching a few gills. Great memories for them.

Nice meeting everyone.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!!  You guys more towards the north end?  Heard C-5 is petering out because of weed die off. Was hoping to hit it one more time, but looks like I'll have to head north.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

buckzye11

• View Profile
Nice job John!... thought i'd join IFO too to keep up with all the ice fishin adventures round here.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im hoping the bite picks up sat because my son is going with me for the first time.. 8)  and slab you thinkin of north?   and just for snits and giggles I got a new blow up fish, hahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Got a reliable report of good fish on the northern end, I haven't got there myself yet, wanted to try today but I'm down with the flu. Means I don't have enough air to inflate the blow up fish!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I hope those blow ups are whiskered fish :P
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar