Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimi north end 1/29/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Felt so good to be back on the ice, if only for a brief time!!  ;D   Too cold to stay long, forgot my extra propane bottles.  It was so cold, the holes were steaming after I drilled them.  Ice was good 8-10".  Went on behind the pizza shop, but used my Navionics app to find a different spot away from all the holes over there.  After seeing nothing shallow at all, I decided to set up on the edge of an old road bed I found with my phone.  There were green standing weeds all around it.  Was fishing in around 11' of water.  Gills were coming in 6"- 1 foot off bottom.  Hitting chartreuse pin-min with a waxie jigged just off bottom.  Took some coaxing, but they'd bite it.  And once they decided to bite, they clobbered it!!  Probably would've cleaned up if I stayed any length of time, hoping to go prospecting again here on Friday.  My Navionics showed a deep hole just 20 yards further out from where I was at, thinking the slabs might stack up in there.  Want to check it out!  Here's a couple pics.  Several 8-9" gills and the biggest (the one I'm holding) was almost 10".  It was so cold, my tape measure froze to the ice, thought I was going to break it trying to get it off.  the fish were freezing to the tape on contact too, fun day!!  But not bad for less than 90 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:40:10 AM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I got that navionics app to its the real deal,finally something worth what I spent my money on
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

threeten

• View Profile
glad to see your feeling better!!  stay on them and get get your groove on!! HAHA

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice glad your feeling better buddy  ;D  I was out at nimi tues exploring and I noticed all the holes by the pizza shop, but decided  2  try out off the point from the parking lot from boat ramp ,  started shallow and worked to 17 fow, caught a nice cat on minnow and lost it at the hole. ::) but nothing else there,  but then it was mid day  :-[   so headed towards the three islands in the cove  and set up in 11 fow, it was really cold about 5 below ice was easy 8" every where I drilled.. : ;D  stayed awhile and wound up with about 15 fish ranging from perch,craps,gills, and another cat about 19" ...what a fight, my black betty handled it swell :D  all on orange pins and waxies maggys...now I need a blow up fish   hahahahaha  hope to see ya out there going hopefully sat  ,,,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar