Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake in danger of being drained

CrapPie

• View Profile
I hate to see to see any fishery in jeopardy and feel sorry for you guys that fish there. BUT who in thier right mind would build a house or allow 386 homes to be built on a 4mile long dam? All directly involved should pay for reconstruction and not all tax payers. Not to offend any fisherman but i believe the dam residents deserve a landfill.To my understanding most these home owners stand agianst looseing 20ft of water behind thier homes for the new dam.How pathetic. I say the 50+ million that its going to cost should be invested into digging a new and improved lake with no homes.Why is it everytime we have lake issues its a man made lake and man is the culprit?Hopefully those directly involved learn in the end that a little thought and common sense goes further than ignorance.Sorry if i offended anyone but thats my 2cents.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's a disaster no matter what, I remember when Milton was drained to repair the dam . people were ruined , the lake dried up and there were grass fields with a creek running thru it...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

bucknuts

• View Profile
Most of those houses were built 90 years ago....I'm sure all the original builders and owners are dead now. Yes, what a great fishery it has become in the laSt 10 years.
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Vexilar