• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Take a look at the 10 day forecast the countdown begins
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yes   yes  it   is    ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't wait!   Should be on somewhere in the next few days!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I should be off my meds by then plus I'm certain I'll get a few day passes from the asylum.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

steelneyes

• View Profile
72 straight ice making hours and very little wind!  18 degrees at 8 AM here in Copley!  Hopefully some early spots will be safe by Friday.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
With scheduling, Tuesday is the first day I can be on the ice. But it looks like I'll be on Mogadore or Nimi by Tuesday morning!!!!!!  ;D :o :D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Numb fingers

• View Profile
moggy is all skim ice .complete coverage as of 10 am

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
when I was at wingfoot sat in my boat the surface temp was 36.8, it wont take long to freeze. I know im getting tired of limbo .
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
 Should have safe ice before long. Can't wait. Figures it won't happen while I am off work.

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
   ???   What do you concider safe ? Im as worked up and frustrated as anyone else , but please use you heads . Safety first people , spuds , picks , rope and Never alone . All I want to hear about any of you is how well your doing catching fish .

steelneyes

• View Profile
Safe is always relative, no one seems to be advocating others taking risks.  Safe for me is 4" and a type 1 life jacket on, picks, rope etc.  and checking areas that aren't over my head if I do go in.  Plenty of excitement over a long awaited cold snap.  But with the reports coming in, some areas will be 4+ by Friday at the latest.  By the end of next week, most inland should be 5" plus and okay for foot travel.  Probably safer than fishing from the boat has been with 36 degree water temps.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

g

• View Profile
Agree with stone yes, safe to me is 4+ inches of clear ice. But remember no ice is guaranteed safe so be smart and take precautions when venturing out. No fish is worth risking your life for.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Drove around Nimisila near 4pm on 12/31. Main body of lake was open. Bays were starting to get iced up, but a strong SW wind was keeping C6, C5 (Campground Bay) & C1 bays 50% open. Stacked up at C1 showed some promise of icing over completely.

Last night's temps were conducive for ice formation. I wouldnt be surprised if most of Nimmy was completely ice covered today (New Years Day).
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I just hope the wind didn't retard the ice making process. I let the dog out at 1 in the morning when I went to bed and it was howling out.   Some places protected from the wind, or the ones that were already skimmed over will be ready by tomorrow or Saturday, if not this afternoon, the rest of the waterways will be ready in a week for sure!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar