Ice Fish Ohio Forum

It's coming

Banker · 34 · 19364

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Take a look at saturdays weather forecast . Rain and over 40 ,not good . Let's all pray the rain  is light it better yet passes us by .

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Will do a drive-by at OSP (Old State Park) today to see how it's icing up.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I just hope the wind didn't retard the ice making process. I let the dog out at 1 in the morning when I went to bed and it was howling out.   Some places protected from the wind, or the ones that were already skimmed over will be ready by tomorrow or Saturday, if not this afternoon, the rest of the waterways will be ready in a week for sure!

I envy your optimism my friend!! LOL
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

g

• View Profile
Early weather forecast for next week looks promising. Near Dayton.my hopes are high just waiting to see what reality has in store for us. I know we will have an ice season. Just wondering when and for how long. He for the best.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well guys it looks like this weekend might try to ruin the precious ice forming as we speak! >:( Saturday is forecasting rain and 49, Sunday in the 50's. Maybe it will pass us by, time will tell.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh well. We can watch football this weekend and have good ice by the end of next week.  The forecast looks good long term after this weekend. I can't be on ice until Tuesday or Wednesday. But the last 2 weeks of January and the first 2 weeks of February I'll be able to fish almost every day for sure!   We need good ice by then.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
My buddy ice fished today in NW Ohio 2 inches six feet of water in a small public pond! He said it was worth it for the slab crappies! lol He is crazy!!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
He is crazy and totally risked his life...what are the GPS coordinates :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Well hopefully he just slid across on a small Jon boat and jigger that six foot of water! 2 inches of ice seems like more of a death wish than just being crazy! PLEASE everyone be safe and use good judgment, uncle Sam needs your taxes to keep this party going. ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I know when I read his post it made the hair stand up on my neck... :P   I just checked out wingfoot,moggy,springfield..... 8)   a lot of open water all over but  the ice was about 2.5   avg..  I jumped up and down on the ice at wingfoot launch..   nice thing is its clear , good for a starter base...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

64toby

• View Profile
I checked 2 farm ponds And what is left of Shreve lake ( they drained it to fix the dam) here in Wayne county 2 1/2 inches clear ice.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Today sucks but next week rocks -2 overnight on wednesday
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

toadfish

• View Profile
Highs in the teens and lows below zero may undo this rain and warm spell damage.  I may try to get on the ice on Wednesday.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Well, my pond made it thru the rain yesterday. Still locked up and with temps in low teens tonite, it will make ice quickly. The only thing to watch today as the temps drop will be the high winds that are forecast. May cause unprotected areas to open up. This week in NW Ohio, they are calling for some negative overnight temps with highs in the single digits. Have to watch as they are calling for 4" to 7" of snow by Tuesday morning. We don't need that much snow on top of the ice yet; at least until we get 5" - 6" of ice.
Well, time to put the finishing touches on the ice gear, make sure batteries are fully charged and make a trip to the bait shop.

Bring on the ICE!!!! :)
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nice & Frigid Monday Night, 1/5.  LOOKING GOOD!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar