Ice Fish Ohio Forum

This weekend

MW-Fishing

• View Profile
Where's everyone going this weekend if we have safe ice? Once again I'll be scouting out Indian Lake later in the week and will feed back the information. Hope to see you all on the ice very soon!
Maxdad

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Where is Indian Lake?  I'm from Akron.. Summit County
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll be at either Deer Creek, Mogadore, or Nimi.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:45:24 AM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

kensar

• View Profile
Going to try and get out if its safe. Nboldman407 and me want to get out on Indian lake and give it a shot. We did great there last year.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey Jon Indian lake is in western ohio, probably about 2.5 to 2.75 hour drive from Akron!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

ICE COLD

• View Profile
There were guys ice fishing Indian over the weekend. I plan on being there Sat and Sunday.

toadfish

• View Profile
I may try Indian on Thursday and depending on how I do, possibly Sunday.  Black one-man Shappell flip-over shanty.  Stop by if you see me.  Probably fish @ Long Island.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tomorrow I'm going to drive by Nimi and do an ice check.  I'll post the results and see what happens.  I'm taking my spud, hand auger and a rod.  But seriously doubt I'll be able to get on safely.  :-\
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Id leave the auger in the truck and Spud a hole to fish in .its one less thing to lose if you go through  .

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good point!  It's a new 6" Lazer. Don't want to lose it before i drill a hole!! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

steelneyes

• View Profile
Hey Slab, I can show you where to go out on a private pond over here, then when you fall in I can get the new Lazer back after we've taken you to the hospital ;D 
Actually that pond was about 50% open after being completely covered for 4 days, ice has floated back up and it appears to be making more quickly.  I can see it from the road and keep an eye on it but don't have permission to check it. Doubt tomorrow will be safe anywhere but certainly have high hopes for later this week. 
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
now its getting there, ;D ;D freeze on 8)  im busy next few days but wed I will be checking on some lakes , mog,wing ,....just remember guys around here{akron}  the middle of most waters has been open and the rest had a good start with a clear base, so thickness is going to be really different across a body of water for a while for early ice....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

64toby

• View Profile
Snowcone is right ,I checked a pond today that was 50% ice .I could reach the ice from shore it was 2 plus inches .So in a few days half will be safe and the other half bad .All i can say is SPUD or swim.

g

• View Profile
The snow we got around Dayton will really screw up the ice. Definitely spud your way out and back. Since it is powder snow, hope to get some wind to blow it off the ice. Still hope to get out somewhere this weekend.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Think I'm gonna try Nimmy this weekend., Saturday morning between 8am-9am
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar