Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Looking for some Experienced Ice Fisherman to help Newbie

Artjr · 5 · 5277

Artjr

• View Profile
Hello,

My name is Art and I just moved here from KS. I have never had the chance to ice fish before. I love to fish so I figure hey ice fishing has to be great too!! I worked all summer and saved up to get me a flasher and some beginners jigs and gear.

I would like to meet some guys who would not mind taking a new guy out and at least showing me some of the ropes. I live in Western PA about 2 miles from East Liverpool OH. But am willing to travel to fish when work permitts me too. I mostly just don't want to fall in, drownd, and learn the basics. I don't want to be a nuisance to you just a new friend. Perhaps there is something I could help you out with down the road?? ;)

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't make it that far for ice fishing, but if you want to learn a good place to start would be coming to the walleye tournament on Berlin lake on Feb 10.  There will be a lot of experienced ice fishermen there as well as guys from this site.  It'd be a great learning experirnce.  Also when the ice comes if you travel an hour or so, we can meet at Deer Creek or Atwood to target big crappies.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Artjr

• View Profile
Slabslayer that would be great. Like I said I don't mind driving. I will just  have to do it on an off day. I will check the calender for the 10th. PM me and we can see about getting together.

mark wilbur

• View Profile
 I fish a few lakes from pan fishing to pike walleye ,perch I live in Andover Ohio glad to have some one to fish with have shanties and all equipment needed. I fish mainly PA Erie and small lakes. would love to fish the Berlin walleye in febuary my e-mail is [email protected]

Vexilar