Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Vex fishphone underwater camera

Guest · 5 · 2991

buddachiefer

I got to use my new camera for the first time yesterday and today, the quality of the picture is great. You can record video and take pics right to your phone, ran it for 5 hours and the battery had plenty of life left. There's a couple things I would have liked to seen done differently, would be nice if the cable for the camera had marks on it at one foot increments, easy fix though I'll mark it with a paint marker or electrical tape, and the unit itself is about 1" to long to fit in a 5 gallon bucket flat, other then that excellent.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Does the cable have any print on it at all?  Most of the time, cable is printed every foot.  It may not be what you'd expect to see as markings but, if there's print, it can be used to tell your depth.

buddachiefer

Yeah but it's really hard to see in the shanty and it's only marked on one side.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice I was wondering about those..would it be comparable to the micro acua view in price and ease of use
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

buddachiefer

The vex is $200, it has 2 led lights in the front that you can turn on and off and adjust brightness, up to five wireless devices can hook up to it at once(within 100' of the unit), 50' of cable,and quite a long run time, I had on for 5 hrs straight and the battery power indicator didn't go down at all. I had my iPad mounted like a flat screen in my shanty yesterday haha. For going around and scouting holes the aqua view is probably easier to use, don't know the run time on its batteries. Snowcone don't know where your located but if your in the northeast area and want to meet up your more than welcome to try it out yourself.

Vexilar