Ice Fish Ohio Forum

SBI long weekend report

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Spent the long weekend on a PIB getaway for ice eyes. Went with a friend and my bro and flew over first light Friday. Fished S of rattlesnake from around 930am til about 545pm and we managed 4 eyes with some perch mixed in. Saturday we got a later start than we wanted due to activities Friday night! Pretty good current Saturday and at times was losing our lures on our screens. Managed 9 Saturday with many unders and perch and white bass mixed in. Sunday hit it from about 8 til 1100 with my buddy pulling one again with perch and WB mixed in.
My HB unit I picked up this year was awesome and saved us Friday night in a heavy snow squall in the dark and Sunday in blinding gale. Both times you could not make out land and it was reassuring knowing we are on our outward trail and heading right to the ramp, even though all three of us have grown up living, fishing and causing havoc in the islands.
Saturday there was a heck of a crack we hit coming in but it was all locked up and OK. We entered a local winter fun tourney Saturday and our biggest fish was 5.03 and the winner had just over 8 lbs for the single biggest winner take all event.
We were on ten inches all weekend and clarity was good. Had camera down Friday and had fun all day seeing all the different species.
 All of our fish came on large pimples, slim fish or crocodile spoons mainly chartruese or green on them.
Ice travel was slowed a bit Sunday due to some drifting but was manageable. Ice is smooth so use caution or throw some cleats on!
Been working like a rented mule so even if we did not get a fish it was awesome to just hang and screw around and just laugh!!! It was just a good ole good time and had some good food with family and friends!!
Hope I covered the report side of it but if you are heading over this is what I know!
Monday we fished a private pond on the mainland for fun and now back to reality and work!
Get out and be safe!!
ER
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:33:39 PM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

hearttxp

• View Profile
Great Post. Sometimes that is  what it is all about ? Just a relaxing kicking back time off ! Dan Petro won the big fish thing ?

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Correct...Dan got it. Funny part is my bro went to school with him so there was some talking between them Friday night while we were out. It was a good time and made for some fun on the ice to keep us going!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:14:50 AM by erierider »
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I traded in the Suzuki three wheeler for a honda recon.  Two weekends I'm off green or crane!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar