Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Blackhawk yesterday

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I tried fishing way out front of Blackhawk yesterday with no luck at all, but I did manage to meet a local out on the ice who was walking his dog. He was in his late 70's and used to icefish back in the 60's and 70's, he was looking at some of my gear and was amazed at how much everything has improved since then,  I let him jig one of my rods and showed him how his bait was moving up and down on my screen, he was totally impressed but when asked how much it cost ( he guessed 50$) his jaw dropped to the ice. We continued to talk icefishing for quite some time and the topic of parking came up, he made a fare offer to me, I give him a few fish and he will let me park in his driveway and he lives in one of the old hotspots on the lake that no one fishes because there is no longer parking available in the area, I'll probably never take him up on the offer but at least I have somewhere to go if the lake gets too busy

quackpot

• View Profile
I bet you could learn a lot from him. I always enjoy talking with older people about the way things used to be. Grandson and I were out there for a while. Were you in the blue clam, and were you wearing a striker suit?

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I have a blue clam but I was on the right side looking out from the parking lot, there was a blue clam on the left side. I had on black bibs with a Toledo hooded sweatshirt.

quackpot

• View Profile
Ok you must have got there just after we left. We were straight out from the ramp, but my youngest daughter called needing some help.

Vexilar