Ice Fish Ohio Forum

brand of line

g · 12 · 6229

g

• View Profile
What brand of line do you use? Not lb.test, but specific brand. I am looking for a low memory non braid line for pan fishing. I use trilene xl on my walleye and perch rods where I use heavier lures where line memory isn't a problem. I was thinking about trying pline ice line in 3 lb. test this year.

Fishin 2

• View Profile
I use Trilene XL on walleye and perch rods also, but use 4 lb stren, green on my panfish rods, seems to blend in most pond water pretty good, just have to keep a loose drag for the uh oh big bass occasionally !!! Tried braid for ice and I need the stretch effect, lost too many fish on braid. Mike
PS, anyone wanting a road trip icin, Anchorage ,Alaska has fishable ice already, Colorado is about to begin :-\ :-\
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

Saw guy

• View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I like the fluorocarbon Berkley ice line. It's a tiny bit stiffer than mono, but I get more bites due to the invisibility. You're looking for a panfish line and I know you said not looking for pound test, but anything over 2 pound and I've noticed decreased lure action on my tiny panfish jigs. (1/64 Oz and smaller)  The Berkley blue ice mono in the 1 and 2 pound sizes also works well for icing gills and crappie.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 10:58:25 AM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am using line that I won from a dock tournament last year stuff is very strong but also expensive if you have to purchase it not sure off hand what the name is. maybe Dave can help with it?

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Toray was last years sponsor line and it is expensive. It is good line but They have had issues getting it into the country and we had to drop them as a sponsor.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I used the 3lb P Line last year for panfish and I loved it!
turkey09

Minnowhead

• View Profile
What color P line Turk?
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

fishingful

• View Profile
I like the fluorocarbon Berkley ice line. It's a tiny bit stiffer than mono, but I get more bites due to the invisibility. You're looking for a panfish line and I know you said not looking for pound test, but anything over 2 pound and I've noticed decreased lure action on my tiny panfish jigs. (1/64 Oz and smaller)  The Berkley blue ice mono in the 1 and 2 pound sizes also works well for icing gills and crappie.

I use exactly what slabslayer does and have noticed the same results. I have caught some large fish and never had a break off.

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
I used 3# PLine floroice.
Clear color!
turkey09

g

• View Profile
Appreciate the info. I know whatever line I decide on will not be over 3 lb  test. Still thinking pline or a fluorocarbon.

wannafish

• View Profile
seagaur red label cannot be beat in my opinion think i broke off two times last year

Vexilar