Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Alum 2-27-2011

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
My horoscope said I was in one of my lucky times today.  It didn't say good or bad I only assumed it was good.  I headed over to Alum from Springfield to I could drill holes and look around with my Vexlar before the dock tourney.  I've never fished the Marina there so I wanted to see what structure was in the area.  I always have a fondness for the second dock from lakeside to start things so thats where I went.  I went all the way out to work my way in.  I drilled and put the Vexlar down turned it on  and sat down to watch.  I noticed the line on a rod was broken and got up to get it and fix the broken jigs.  As I stood up my ice-cleats caught  a dock tie-down and put me off balance and into the lake.  
     I always conside myself infallable and I wear a "S" on my chest.  Sometimes it Superman and days like this Stupidman.  I've fallen through before and going in didn't bother me, losing my flasher bothered me. "Any jump you walk away from is a good jump".  Same goes for falling through the ice.  Accidents happen but I broke two rules of mine.  If your going a distance away from home to ice fish take extra clothes.  I'd still be there fishing had I followed my own advice.  But the second rule is a new one for me that I'll follow till the next time I decide to swim during winter.  
    GAS YOUR VEHICLE UP BEFORE YOU GO!!!  I really don't get embarrassed but when I walked up to the  gas station attendent with a twenty wearing only my Hanes briefs I thought the young lady was going to die of a heart attack or call the police about a pervert trying to enter the store.  I can imagine the sight.  I'm 6'3"  bald covered in tattoos and sporting a foo manchu.  But instead the girl was giggling uncontrollably even after I tried to explain.  My wife never batted an eye when I asked her to bring clothes out to the truck when I got back.  Oh well hope everyone else had a good day and I'll see everyone back on the ice.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:45:44 PM by saugeyemarc »
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

JustNutts

LOL I dont know what to say!!! Other than man Im glad your ok!! Must have been a sight and Im sure that girl will be talkin for a while!

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
#1 glad you're ok
#2 thats funny
#3 a sight to see, but i'd rather not

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
My ? is was the dock that slick that you needed your cleats, also I didn't see that you were using them yesterday at CJ.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
man that sure sounds like one of my days glad ur ok ,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I put my cleats on because it was icy getting to the ramp.  Hadn't taken them off yet. Had a different pair with springs on at C.J.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

fishslim

• View Profile
Glad you are okay!! Really sorry to hear you lost your vex!!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Im sorry that happened and you wernt able to fish with us. I tried for a good amount of time through out the day to snag up your vex but I couldnt feel it. We dropped Daves new camera down but it was so dirty you couldnt see 6 inchs in front of the water. You didnt miss much on the fishing, small gills and crappie. Hopefully the water will clear up and you can get your vex back.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I am glad you were OK.

I wonder if we could get the surveillance video and put it on America's funniest voids. You would win the $10,000 for sure ;D.

We will try and get the vex again this week when all the ice is off.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar