Ice Fish Ohio Forum

No luck or bad luck?

Green Pea

• View Profile
I hit the docks at sun up today and within 5 minutes of being there, I knocked one of my poles in the water....drats!!

I had my other ice pole combo with me so I stayed and tried to turn the day around. Nothing, not a single nibble. I was there until 10:00 and decided to call it a day

Did anyone try there luck in the afternoon?

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Intimidator posted on OGF that the crew fishing today in the Marina did pretty good today.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I fished the docks yesterday and got 11 keeper crappie and my buddy had 2 more on and lost them at the top. We had about 2 dozen short fish and a bunch of little gills nothing over 6".

g

• View Profile
didn't get any keepers yesterday only throwbacks. marked a lot of fish, they just didn't want my jigging rap. might try again tomorrow night. what were you getting them on rusty?

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Going snagless and casting well out from the 40+ attractors present there along their deeper edges might produce some decent perch at least, perhaps crappie...the spot was noted for occasionally producing a spectacular walleye or 2 in the recent past in almost every early spring.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I was using a Jammin jig tipped with a waxworm and most of the crappie was caught at 8-10'. Jeff had on a slick jig tipped with a waxworm getting them at the same depth.

g

• View Profile
tried again friday with no luck. had a feww small bites but no fish. not giving up yet. next time i go will be during a decent barometer readind.

Vexilar