Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pizza Bay 3/6/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hard to believe March 6 and still sitting on 12-15" of ice all the while hearing the popping of even more ice being added this morning!  As lousy and tough as yesterday was, today was as good!  Was getting bull redears and crappies in pizza bay this morning.  Fish were shallower, in about 6' of water, 1-2' off the bottom.  Crappies were 9-11" and the redears went 8-9.75".  Colors and lures were all over the map, from spoons to gill pills to jigs.  Get a couple keepers, bite would slow, switch colors and styles, get a couple more.  And the beat went on all morning.  New member SBR was there and so was MJ fishing.  Nice to meet you guys and do a little fishing this morning.  Here's a pic of the action!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:46:02 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

FreezyP

• View Profile
Great to meet you too Slabslayer,  about a hour after you left my buddy and i did real good,  ended up with big slabs and nice gills!   Also got to meet Ice-bucket John.   Great day today... 

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hit Pizza Bay for the Thursday afternoon & early evening bite. Results were better. Fished from 2pm-6:30pm. There were half dozen other guys on the ice too. My son, Nathan, had a hard time finding them and only managed to bag a couple of gill keepers. For me, the Bite was steady and I never moved from my original 2 holes... Mousejam James caught a half dozen nice gills/redears. I prolly caught 50 fish... took home a few 9" crappie and prolly 20-25 nice gills/redears.

Hit on waxies, spikes (maggots) and minnows. Never found much preference.

May try to hit it again this weekend.

I got fish to fillet this morning!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

SBR

• View Profile
Good day out with slabslayer, showed a few newbies what to do on the ice. Made a good dinner last night. Thanks again, and let us know if you're going again. We'll gladly make the drive. Free this weekend, unless the wife says otherwise!

Vexilar