Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wingfoot

Mogadore BaitTackle

• View Profile
Wingfoot ice conditions 2 to 6 of clear ice with some bad on top. Good catches of gills and crappie with a few perch some catches of 40 and better! 10 to 14ft seems best with bites on wax worm and minnows some on jigging baits. A customer reported a 23in walleye. Remember ice reports are averages always check your ice! GOOD LUCK!!

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
my neighbor and I had a 100+ fish day today. 10-12 keeper perch, 10-15 keeper gills, most of the crappie were caught between 9-11am with a couple gills and perch mixed in. stayed steady thru the day, every 5-15min some fish would come thru, and you would get 1-2. gills were hard to convince to bite would always come for a close look but not commit. on anything... with the crappie and perch you would have to run thru the play book till you find what excites them.

I LOVE SIGHT FISHING!!!!     HOT LURE....FORAGE MINNOW (holo-gram minnow on one side and glow on the backside, TIPPED WITH MAGGOTS ON EACH HOOK. i never changed, my buddy went thru his tackle box twice. he tried sweedish pimples, buckshots, and some other types of jigging spoons. i still out fished him 2 to 1

we moved around 9 and drilled three holes, flipped the shanty over and cleaned out the holes to find fish from top to bottom! 40+ fish in around 30 min

P.S. ALSO CAUGHT A 19in BASS THAT WEIGHED 4 OR MORE POUNDS
best morning i have had in a long time!!!  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:03:42 PM by SlabJunkie »
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That is a great day. Great report.

I can upload the picture you sent me today.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
 I hit 6 to 8 of clear with 1 to 3 of white on top. Fished out in the deep water from 3 to 6 pm. Ended up catching over 60 crappie. Most went back though. Biggest was 11. Caught every one on #2 nickel swedish pimple tipped with maggots. Im going back in the morning. Im going to meet up with a friend at 7 at the lot by the tire reef if anyone else wants to fish with us.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

SlabJunkie

• View Profile
pictures posted
SlabJunkie

Pro Staff
icefishohio.com

Vexilar