Ice Fish Ohio Forum

cabin fever,the boat,and where did the water go?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well guys wanted to fish really bad, berlin was iced with skim and couldnt put boat in. decided to go south knowing there was less ice, went to piedmont but the water was REALLY LOW !!! boat launch was 100 yds from the water   :o ... at this point my buddy was looking sorta sick so went over to one of the roads that dead ended in the water,,,had to drive down to where the lake was and up the beach to a point where the water was deep enough to stick the boat in. ;D . fished the sunny part of the day and was marking fish and found a hump that was loaded with fish. threw the kitchen sink , but nothing worked. :( all in all had a great day. love my 4 wheel drive, love my boat, love to fish, hate to sit home   hahah oh yeah on the way back to the truck the wind shifted and blew the ice from the harbor out where we were trying to get back.  :P learned how much ice i can cut thru with the boat ,, duh not much  8) good thin my buddy was on the bow choppin away.....so if anyone was watching im sure they were laughing , but so were we........ps those fish sandwiches on the way home were tasty.............
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good man!!  You made it out fishing.  I was thinking of going this morning before the rain, but a business meeting came up last night.  :(  Now I'll need to wait for Sunday or Monday and fish thru some ice.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well i hope you get to do some fishing, it sure takes the edge off, heh? and better yet i hope you get somehing  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar