Ice Fish Ohio Forum

buckeye Fairfield 1-20

fishinjared

• View Profile
I went out yesterday to try to venture out to deeper water in between the ice house and marsh but I just fished the point with the crowd given that it looked sketchy at best and I was alone but I'll be venturing out Thursday we should be set to go back to the depths of buckeye once again judging by the temps we are getting and slight snow cover... I was sitting in 4.5 feet of water on 4" of ice marked lots of fish but no takers only had one seperate from the bottom to glance at my lure. I can't wait to sit on 8-9 feet of water again we tore it up before the darn warm up! hope to see some of you out Thursday.

fishinjared

• View Profile
the saugeye are calling my name right now i can feel it... tomorrow ill whack em dead! we had to have made at least 1" of ice last night and we should start building fast again once the sun sets!

dajw

• View Profile
hope to come to buckeye tomorrow or Saturday - wondered about current ice conditions(thickness)

fishinjared

• View Profile
I'm about to start spudding around ill update soon

fishinjared

• View Profile
got about 6" off the point in 4.5 feet of water but out by the house Island and towards deeper water is NOT ready it's about 1.5 to 2" of ice took one hit of my spud bar

fishinjared

• View Profile
ended up taking a different route and fished in 8 feet of water in front of the island house... half my shanty is on 3 the other half on 6" of ice ha

Vexilar