Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Another sad story

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Guys my bro texted me tonight. He is outside of toledo tonight. Said he saw on the news that two guys went through the ice today. One was rescued other did not survive. Read artivle online and sure enough it's true. Occurred north of Toledo outside Adrien Mi. With weekend here lets all be safe.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
We are all looking forward to ice season this year after not having one last year we just cant let that cloud our decision making.we have to be safe and avoid being a headline tragedy.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Well said, so sad when a fellow ice fisherman dies.  Reminder for us all to exercise extreme caution.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
I was on the phone with Joe Pikulski placing an order for Arctic Armor floatation suits when he said the Medvac flew right over his house. He was told 2 guys were on the ice and 1 went through. His buddy went in to save him and was the one that drowned.The first guy that fell through was saved..........Mark

ADAD1640

• View Profile
BUMMER--IT IS HARD TO COME BACK--BOUGHT MINNOWS AND WAXIES YESTERDAY AND WENT ATWOOD THIS AM--ICE FLEXING AND CRACKING AS I WALKED DRILLED PILOT HOLE--2.5 INCHES--COULD MOVE WATER OUT OF HOLE FROM 10 FT WITH BOUNCE OF HEELS--BAD--RELUCTANTLY PARTNER AND I LOADED UP AND WENT HOME--NOT FUN IF NERVES ON EDGE--BE CAREFUL!!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Everyone should be in a floatation suit or vest when out on the ice.  Not that it will save your life but its added protection.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar