Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CLR/PALM

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Just talked to a buddy who went out and saw 3" on CLR.  Guys were catching fish off of Palm. Their gonna be there Wed, Thur, Friday.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm hoping to hit all 3 days too.  Just depends on work.  Looks like I'll be off for now!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab i was out there sun and the ice was foggy i kicked my foot thru in 2 hits ....not my cup of tea.. i will wait ....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
How will the ice look on palm come thursday? anyone going out?

derbium

• View Profile
Palm has 4" of ice now. 2.5 white and 1.5 clear. The slush layer th
at was between is now frozen.  :)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good to know.  Hoping to try tomorrow afternoon.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

steelworker

• View Profile
If anyone would be interested in taking a tag-a-long out with them on Mogadore thurs/fri I would appreciate it. I live about 30 min SE of Canton. I have all the gear needed just looking for a someone to fish with.

Michael
740-278-6112

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm hoping  and planning for tomorrow.  All depends when they finish with my truck.  If its done for tomorrow, I'll give you a buzz and we can meet there and get some gills.

Team Wilcraft!

Numb fingers

• View Profile
Was out today at clr today 1-4-13 4 to41/5 inches most places I checked .very slick out there be careful . Caught 4 nice gills 5 dinks  I little bass from 4 to 6 this evening .heard of others early today by the island but did not venture up that far  see you in the morning ill be in a clam 5600 with my buddy in his 5600

fishingful

• View Profile
Nice talking to you. I ended up with 16 keepers for the whole day. Regular Mogadore bite in the morning and before dark. Had 2 that went 10 in - 11in the rest I kept were over 8 in. Green yellow or white caught them the smallest pinmans you i had with a wax worm takes a long time to get them down. Caught the larger fish on green. Did have a bass up to the hole but hit the bottom of the ice and came off. I will be out in a blue clam 2000 in the morning orange sterns coat.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice catch.  Good to hear some bulls coming from Mogadore!!!

Team Wilcraft!

white ice

• View Profile
there were a few guys on clr today around noon.  ice was so wet on top I thought it was open water.  I drilled and spudded around and had 4 inches. some areas the spud would go right in. didn't fish cause I just didn't feel comfortable on that soft ice.  hope those guys got off ok.

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I hope they got off safely as well. There are a lot of people out there that dont realize just how fast ice can deteriorate in this kind of weather. I went out on Nimi 5-6 years ago in the morning on 8 inchs of ice. It was about 4 clear and 4 white. I fished all day in my t shirt because the weather was so nice and then barely get off the ice at the end of the day. At the end of the day the ice went for 8 inches to  4-6 inches of white crappy soft slushy ice and the edges had all thawed out. It had thawed almost 10 ft out from the shore. Luckily the water was shallow and only just above my knees and I had to wade the last 10 ft. to shore. Needless to say that was the last day for me that season. The warm rain that we are getting now will decay the ice really fast. I just hope that it gets real cold real fast so we can fish the Harvest for Hunger Charity event on saturday at The Foot.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar