Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rattle baits

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Does anyone use rattle baits for toothy fish? If so, which ones and how effective are they?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Not yet.  Used them for eyes in open water and they work.  Trying them for first time on ice this winter.  My favorites are Red Eye Shad, and Rapala Clackin Rap 1-knock.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I have a clackin' rap and a rattlin' rapala, but I also just a northland rippin' shad.  Hoping to try them out this year, just need to find the right waters.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Berlin is a good lake for them.  I don't know where you live, but if you'd ever want to fish there I know a few good spots.  There are some sunken islands and roadbeds there that hold big walleyes.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

jmsteele187

• View Profile

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Berlin is 20 minutes east of the Akron/Canton area, about 3 hours from you.  :(

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar