Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 05:03:11 PM

Author Topic: Indian Sunday the 15th  (Read 6060 times)

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Indian Sunday the 15th
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

After reading a post on another website I thought I’d warn someone before making the trip. They are saying that they have been ice fishing Indian today. They said that Long island has 3.5” of clear ice Its without question unsafe because long Island area was boatable Friday afternoon. Just Sayin’
PLEASE BE SAFE and CHECK YOUR OWN ICE!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

triton189

• View Profile
Re: Indian Sunday the 15th
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »

After reading a post on another website I thought I’d warn someone before making the trip. They are saying that they have been ice fishing Indian today. They said that Long island has 3.5” of clear ice Its without question unsafe because long Island area was boatable Friday afternoon. Just Sayin’

I agree! I have scene a couple of post indicating safe ice. I highly doubt it! It is dangerous to put out this kind of info out. I have a feeling there are going to be some sad stories this year! I wonder if there could culpability for this? 

OldSailor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

I agree! I have scene a couple of post indicating safe ice. I highly doubt it! It is dangerous to put out this kind of info out. I have a feeling there are going to be some sad stories this year! I wonder if there could culpability for this? 
There are several members from this site fishing it today! (Mon) I couldn't make that long drive, but for those of you who live close, it might me worth checking out. BUT BE SAFE!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »

I agree 100%.
I'm going to make a call and see if anyone is getting anything.  I may have to make a drive west this afternoon.

ICE COLD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 12:41:10 PM »

MD, if you get any info please post. I live 61 miles away and was thinking about running over there after work. Would hate to spend $30 in gas and can't even get on the ice. Thanks.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar