Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Looking for Clam Nanook

zoeconner · 21 · 15129

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
I also pickup a nice used snowmobile. Does anyone use one for pulling there shanty? I never seen anyone before around Indian. Ill feel like a nerd with all my new toys ;D
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Bass pro called me and put one on hold so I went and picked it up. I put it together and put runners on. Before I put it together I re tapped the nuts. Went together good. Ill be at Blackhawk with the brand new Nanook. ;D

congrats!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Wapak dog  my screws came apart just like the pictures you sent.  Got mine at Cabela's too

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I also pickup a nice used snowmobile. Does anyone use one for pulling there shanty? I never seen anyone before around Indian. Ill feel like a nerd with all my new toys ;D

I use 3 different ways of towing. Quad, snowmobile, and just this year started using a Murray lawn mower that I got off of craigslist for $50. I changed the pulleys around and it will do 15-20 mph. pulling a full jetsled.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Can you get photos of the lawn mower and what you did to modify it.. I would really like to do the same thing.

How is it in snow?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Can you get photos of the lawn mower and what you did to modify it.. I would really like to do the same thing.

How is it in snow?

I just changed the motor and transmission pulleys from a 1:1 drive to a 2:1 (pulleys from TSC) it is very bad on the ice unless you have snow and its not very mobile in this snow might just be the tires. other than that it is stock. I had it on Dunns before the thaw and got some weird looks. it might not be the best replacement for a quad. but it is the cheapest! i still think a old Yamaha snowmobile is the best
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar