Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Vexilar FL-22 VS. Marcum LX-5

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I've been debating between the fl-22 and the lx-5. I've read that the 22 only goes to 60 ft. But how often do we really fish deeper then 60 ft. on ohio inland lakes. the lx-5 has more power and reads deeper. From what I read the target ID is 1/4 in. on the Vex but I cant find out what the target seperation is. Would it be the same? I like the idea of an HD screen on the Vex for a clearer picture. The downside from what I hear is the they are a lot louder then the Marcum. I like to enjoy the peace and quiet when I'm fishing. Is the FL-22 really worth 50 to 100$ more then the LX-5? I've been trying to decided for a month now on what to get and cant decided so I would like to hear from everyone what they think. Thanks
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Those are all great questions. I have not seen the 22 yet but sounds like it has some great features. I believe the target seperation on the 22 is a 1/4 inch. I think the vex reads deeper than 60 feet. I will have to check that one.

I have not used the Marcum but have heard good things about them also. I don't think you can go wrong with either unit. I don't think that many people have the 22 yet to comment but i am sure that there is some Marcum 5 users that can tell you more about that unit.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

papaperch

• View Profile
From what I understand if you want an FL-22 you will have to wait. I tried to get one back in Sept. I was told mid Oct by all the suppliers. By mid Oct. I was told they will be available mid Dec.

Far as I am concerned they can keep it until next year.

Vexilar