Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rt 20 and Lagrange exit

deerslayern

• View Profile
I wae heading east on 20 sunday and seen 2 ponds one on each side of a side rd on the north side of 20. theres a car port by one of them, and its at the end of the rd. does anyone know anything bout if thats private or public fishing. If im not mistaken they dug then to build the highway up ?
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I have seen those too I bet Erierider knows send him a PM
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
I called the State Highway Patrol two years ago to ask if I was allowed to fish a pond underneath rt 8 at the seasons rd exit and the dispatcher told me it's only trespassing on all state property if there is sign or fence. I have fished there a few times in a boat even and no one says anything. I also know of a rest stop where people fish a pond on state property. No sign no fine (hopefully)

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
The 2 ponds mentioned above with the pavilion in between them. The one on the east I know is owned by the VFW and only members and guests can fish it.before they bought the land I used to fish it and never caught a thing. Now it is stocked by the VFW.
 I am not sure who owns the west pond. NEver caught anything in that one either.
Both ponds are very shallow.
The other ponds on 20 range from 12' to 30'.
I would like to find out who owns a few of the other ponds on that stretch of 20. I will go to the auditors website and find out.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:55:23 AM by erierider »
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Hmmm! I am a VFW member, will have to check them out and give you guys a report.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Vexilar